"If YOU don't have much - perhaps it's because you haven't become much."
SUCCESS is something you attract, by the person that you become. If you want MORE, you must work at becoming more.
There are too many talented people who NEVER accomplish anything... because they focus so much on what they think their hands, legs, face and body can do.
They forget that the body has limitations but the MIND doesn't. In fact the mind is the only part of our being that can expand, conceive, create and achieve whatever it wants. Yet many people rarely focus on building their minds daily.
They will exercise their body, pamper their faces, wear quality make up, treat themselves to a spa date, massage, good food, vitamins or whatever they need to maintain the outer body.
But these same people will rarely pick up a book, listen to a teaching, meditate or find ways to connect with powerful minds and thought leaders that will enable them to achieve the success they want.
How many good singers who focus solely on their instrument "The Powerful Voice" they have and all the many octaves they can sing, yet go nowhere in their career.
When blind men like Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles or Nigeria's Cobhams Asuquo play musical instruments on key without their physical eyes or a blind man like my good friend, Maxwell Ivey Jr writes a Weekly Inspirational Blog and Authored Two Books himself...when some people who have their eye sights still use a ghost writer or even hold on to their numerous excuses.
It's ALL in the MIND...How often do you NURTURE it, stretch it and exercise it?
A year ago, I was a speaker on THE LEADERSHIP BOUTIQUE hosted by International Speaker, Award-winning Author & Life Strategist - SharRon Jamison from Atlanta, USA with 6 other powerful women who lead with Beauty, Boldness AND Brilliance. I was excited to connect, empower and answer questions on personal & business leadership.
Plus how I've been able to take my brand & message globally - from inside Africa.
I shared tips, insights and resources.... And HERE are some key take-away from my session that will help you LEAD your personal & business life with excellence.😆👍
Nuggets from The NAKED Philosophy:
1) When you choose to collaborate, make sure your vision aligns with the collaborator's vision.
2) Be Proactive. Ask to partner or to be on shows or stages. Don't FEAR rejection. Be intentional about every single goal.
3) There are two ways to get PAID for the work you do: Goodwill and Cash. The NAKED TRUTH - Goodwill is a currency that can get you much further than money can. (that is how I got featured on a huge billboard in New York Times Square, and how I got invited to be a speaker & member of the Advisory Executive Council (AEC) for the WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM in India).🙌
4) Use your negotiating power to be compensated for your work; Money is not the only way to get compensated - i.e my work as an International Contributor to The Huffington Post in the USA brought me opportunities that paid me.🙌
5) All collaborations should be win/win. You win...They win...Everyone involved wins.
6) Don't be afraid to let people know who you really are. REVEAL yourself - Your awesomeness, Your Expertise and your Unique Selling Point. Don't hide your brilliance.
7) "Get Naked" - Its okay to be vulnerable and transparent to earn TRUST (trust is important in business and leadership). People only do business, partner or BUY from people they trust. Its okay to strip away all barriers & boundaries limiting you.
8) Identify the limiting beliefs that prevent you from looking at OPTIONS in different markets.
9) Connect with people - No matter where they are in the world. Develop relationships.
10) Always add VALUE. People will always choose to work with you, if you add value to their projects too.
11) Apply my Tranformational principles of A.S.R.A for Personal & Business Success.
I hope some of these nuggets are helpful.
LETS TALK: What do You THINK, Truth-Seekers? Feel free to EXPRESS your thoughts in the comment section. Better still, send me a FREE Voice Message Below.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly